Some reasons to consider to train at home is your awareness that your dog has a behavioural problem and you are not sure how to handle it. These might include:
- Resource guarding of a toy or food
- Over protectiveness of a family member
- Being aggressive towards family members or visitors
- If you are not sure of how you dog will react in a group situation
- Private training enables the owner and dog to feel secure in their own home which makes the dog less stressed and easier to train and therefore the dog learns at their own pace without any threats as the dog may see it.
If you are not confident of handling your dog in a class environment or out in public, we will help you build the relationship between you and your dog.
Other factors to consider private training include:
Hectic lifestyle and your schedule doesn’t permit much time;
We will organise a mutually agreed time for you and the trainer to meet up and discuss your dog’s training schedule, be it either basic training or behavioural advice on specific issues.
Health concerns or lack of mobility;
We will offer alternate training techniques that will give you the same results.
Ongoing support from here……………………………………….
We will call you to discuss and review your dog’s progress. You may not need another lesson but depending on how quickly your dog learns we may need to have a follow up lesson to go over the training schedule and make sure you are on the right track to a happier relationship with your dog.
Private Dog Training – How it Works
- Our experienced Instructor comes to your house at a time convenient for you
- You sit down and go through any specific concerns that you have with the instructor
- The Instructor explains training theory and how to apply it.
- The instructor will work with you to show you how to change/manage each problem
- The instructor then leaves you with a training plan to work with the dog every day. It’s over to you as to how much time you put into it.
- The instructor will follow up with you 1-2 weeks after the consultation to review progress and see that you’re on the right track. In the meantime you can contact the instructor for guidance if needed.
- A follow up in-home visit might be needed if you wish to check that you’re following the right path and work on anything else that is required.